Thursday, February 4, 2010

On the road again....

I got to spend a fun week with Emily and her 4 boys. Besides the wonderful weather (anything is better than 10F and a blizzard) the cute kids and their sweet parents, I got treated to the usual gourmet cooking of Emily's. (Which means I came back several pounds heavier than I arrived!)
We had so much fun together. I got to massage all 4 boys.... yes, Caden insisted on a "ssage" on the table his dad had built just for me, and both Jaxon and Gavin appeared stripped down to their underpants on the table and waited patiently for the lotion....
Emily took me to the temple, which was a great treat, and she taught me how to use the genealogy website and I got so many hugs and kisses from the darling little ones, it was hard to leave. I even got to help her sew, something I always enjoy doing with my cute daughters. On the way home we got to stop at Dacia's again, where we played with cute Ellie, and I got to spend the night, making quiet book pages with Dacia. What fun. She is such an artist. Ellie better be real excited, I have never seen a cuter quiet book, than the one Dacia is working on. Since I was on sewing detail, Dacia-darling made my choir treats for me (another one of Em's amazing recipes), which of course, were a super hit again. She cooked us a super nice dinner, I got to sleep in her bed.... the service is impeccable.

We met with Alan and the Topherbugs at a restaurant for lunch.... how nice was that! We even got to see Alan! And then we enjoyed the importance of being Ernest, Sam and my Christmas gift from the kids, together at Hale Center theater. A very fun day.
Some how that lamp in the background makes Alan look like the "Spirit of Christmas present".... Ellie agreed, the chicken quesadillas were excellent.
The cute Topher-Bugs
and the cute Dacia-Burrs.
Of course, no sooner had I thought:" how nice and clear the roads are for our trip home", and it started to snow. By the time we reached the pass it was a blizzard. Good thing we were driving our tank. By the time we were in Poki, it finally quit, just to catch up with us the next day in IF. I really miss the Vegas weather, and the cute kids there, and the cute kids in slc. It is rather upsetting to live so far away, just for a few deliriously lovely months in summer, when you all must come!



6 comments:

Alysia said...

it was fun to see you for a bit on saturday. :)
the show was wonderful. i loved it and i loved getting to see it with my mummy and my sister!!
lunch also was a lot of fun, i'm glad we got alan there too!! he looks SOOO skinny in that picture!!!
anyway. i love you lots mommy!

Mythreesons said...

it was fabulous having you visit! We can't wait for the next visit... the boys are still talking about it. Sounds like you had a good week. Glad you liked the food! Nothing makes me happier than cooking for people who appreciate my food.

princess jen said...

I wanted to see the new massage table!! But I did get to see some other fabulous photos. I'm glad you had fun on your trip and I'm just disappointed I didn't get to see you too. I miss you so much!!!

Alan J. said...

i'm really glad i got to meet you guys for lunch! glad you had a good trip!

Mythreesons said...

It was so fun to see you Mami. Thank you so much for helping me so much with my quiet book. You really are the greatest mom EVER!! I love you mami and can't wait until I get to go and visit you and make you help me more.

Mythreesons said...

That last comment was Dacia and so is this one...