Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reservations at the Max Hilton, anyone?

I lured Alan up here this weekend. I wanted him to help me build a headboard for my bed. I had sent him a picture of what I wanted it to look like. But he wouldn't do it... said he needed plans... plans shans... I said, just start building, it will develop as we go, but he said that might work for Jared, but he needed plans.... So I settled for a cat tree. We looked at several on the internet and found what we liked, and thought would be doable. And we did it without plans, we just started and it developed as we went... I think it turned out great, see for yourselves: We started with a beam and fastened it to the ceiling beam, then added upholstered shelves.

Max did occasional building inspections... and made some suggestions.
He was very intrigue by step #4... it seemed to be his very favorite.... couldn't imagine why... I only poured catnip under the carpet... For a moment we were worried he might be afraid of heights, but he assured us that he was not.
He said there was something missing up here...
So I got busy with my trusty sewing kit and enclosed his lime-green cathouse in some more respectable colors and we attached it to the top perch....
... with a balcony of course. Max found that to be quite satisfactory.
All that was left, were some finishing touches, and we were done... only took us all day! But we sure had fun. I even made Alan cook dinner... he is quite the useful boy. I need to have him come more often.
Max made his final inspection and declared that it was nice and fit to live in.... and then decided to sleep in our bed anyways and to just ignore the entire thing.... so, since we invested so much time and money in it, we thought we'd rent it out....
The flowerpots were Alan's idea. I guess we could plant catnip in it, or something else to entice Max to come up and look at it. They are screwed in place, to avoid all unpleasantness.









9 comments:

Alan J. said...

Thanks for having me up there. i had lots of fun. I hope little Max starts to like his custom tree.

Super Daysh said...

I am quite impressed!! That is a very impressive little cat pole and house. What a spoiled little kitty. I'm glad that Alan could help you so much. I'm glad he's found a way to be useful. ;) Can't wait to come up and see it.

The Andersens said...

indeed a very spoiled little kitty.
that's awesome you and alan did that together. he is indeed very handy. and so sweet to make you dinner too! i'm glad you guys had fun!
love you lots!
cute and fun idea! glad it turned out so well!
i miss you mommy!

princess jen said...

What did he make you for dinner? He owes me a yummy dinner homemade by him! But I'm glad he was super useful. The cat tree looks fabulous and super fun. You two seem to have had a really fun time together building it.

Kandi said...

I love it! Max may just be more spoiled than my Pikcoles, which is saying something. :)

Andrew and Marti Enke said...

This is AWESOME!Good thing I am a trend setter and you got Max!

Joe said...

wow! Way to go - very cool :)

rodent said...

That is awesome! That is one lucky little cat!

Thoughtful Runner said...

Kewl! Who ever said cats didn't rule the roost?!