Sunday, February 28, 2010

Looks like someone is in the cat-house

Max has decided that this is a pretty cool place to hang out and survey the living area. It is also quite safe from little critters.... that like to grab tails. Many thanks again to Alan, for building this. And here is one of those little critters.... many thanks to Emily, who said: You need to buy some toys for your house, so the grandkids have decent stuff to play with.... and we did! Grace was totally delighted when she dicovered the dress-up box and quickly turned herself into a fairy... she loved it so much, she slept in the slippers, and the next morning insisted on wearing it over her jammies.



Who? me?

How about some food for the cute baby....Topher's belated birthday /Valentine's dinner.


Will do tricks for food


Looks like Sam is more excited about the birthday present than Topher.



Grace discovers that you can actually touch the kitty
And love the kitty....Somehow Max seemed to be fascinated by her. He kept following her around the house.

Grace came out of the shower, wrapped in a towel. She started playing with Max, but had trouble keeping the towel in place. Finally she had had it, and in typical "flasher mode" she opens the towel, holding it in each had, and yells"NAKED!!!!!!" Max, in total shock, dives under the bed.... he is probably scarred for life.
Alysia's birthday dinner at Costa Vida before we all went to see Fiddler on the Roof at Hale Center theater. One of the best Fiddler performances I have ever seen. Lucky Dacia got to come with us. Sam and I had the car packed and were ready to leave that morning, just finishing breakfast, when his secretary called. Her father had passed away during the night, and she was on her way to Canada to the funeral... so Sam had to unpack his stuff and I got to go to SLC by myself, taking Dacia with me to the performance, whilst poor Sammy got to slave away at the office.


Dacia brought birthday balloons.

She also brought a very cute and happy Ellie




The next day we all met at Ikea for some much overdue shopping... I mean, what is a girl's get-together without doing some major damage to the check book?
We also had an early birthday lunch for Dacia. Grace was quite hungry and enjoyed her french fries.
Ellie had her after-dinner-nap in the shopping cart. (or: look what cute babies they sell at Ikea)


Yes, we did fill 2 shopping carts. Yes, we had great fun, and yes, I did leave for home about 3 hours later than I had planned. But it was worth it.

Here is Max, waiting for your phone call. Actually, I attached a jingle ball to the end of an old phone cord and hung it on his favorite hang-out. He had a lot of fun playing with that today.


I took some video of it, and tried to add it to the blog, if it worked, you can enjoy it,if not, I have to figure out other options... wow, I am actually getting amazingly computer savvy, totally digitalized.
Okay, so it is sideways... but it does work.

4 comments:

princess jen said...

That is one cute kitty cat! I loved that video. I just want to hear him talk some more!! I'm glad you had such a fun trip to Utah. What a great shopping trip--I love Ikea! Gracey is having so much fun with her Oma and all those new toys. I can't wait to see Aaron in all those cute dress up outfits ;) I miss you so much! Thank you for all the great comments you leave me. You are wonderful and I love you.

Mythreesons said...

A video! You are impressive, indeed, mummy! Love all the pics, but I'm still super duper jealous about the Ikea trip. I want to shop with the girls at Ikea... I always get stuck with Jared who just tries to hustle me along...
Looking forward to seeing you soon! Thanks again for the package!

Alan J. said...

That was a nice post with lots of cute pictures. i'm glad Max is liking his tree.

Super Daysh said...

Wow! Look at you and your bad self!! Posting a video and everything! I must say I am quite impressed! I'm so glad you came down to celebrate our birthdays with us and even more glad that you let me go to Fiddler with you. It was such a great performance, especially with the better company! Love you lots!