Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to me...

Look what I got for my birthday! A new Lawn ornament!!!! I am not so sure I like it, but Sam is quite determined, one more winter up here might do him in! We have been looking for something a bit further south for quite some time, and in April, it seems we found it. Of course I got the pictures in the wrong order again, so you get to see the inside first and then the outside, but here it is, the new Clark Residence a bit further south. And indeed the weather is much nicer there, we have been trying it out for over a month now and we definitely like it.


It is up on a hill above the Timpanogos Temple and the view is unsurpassed. Even from our bedroom. At night, with the lake and Saratoga Springs in the back ground, you could almost imagine you are in Italy at the Lago Maggiore, Sam prefers San Francisco.


Here is the kitchen, again, with an amazing view. The sweet Lady in the picture is Sam's sister Bev, who came to stay with us for a couple of days.


This is the living room. The double doors go to the deck and the breath taking view.


This is the back of the house, a bit earlier in the year, no leaves yet. There is grass and a few deer chewed bushes, no landscaping yet. Not even topsoil. So I get to start from square one.... again....


This is the front. The lawns look so much better now, because Sam has already worked his magic. I had asked for a truck load of topsoil for my birthday.... but that didn't happen.... they said, they didn't know how to wrap that properly. So I got trees and flowers, a shopvac and a wheel barrow instead. (and a few other very useful items) .


It still feels like we are on vacation when we are down there. I really feel sad about leaving IF, it is such a wonderful place..... for about 4 months of the year. Hopefully we will still be able to enjoy this summer, but I agree with Sam, one more winter up here and I am going to scream.














5 comments:

The Andersens said...

I like your house Mami!! It looks beautiful. I am so so excited to spend time up there with you. No one can work a garden like you, so I'm sure in no time it will be absolutely stunning just like your Farmington yard was and just like Idaho Falls is. It will be beautiful! And just think, with no landscaping in place, you get to use your imagination and do something new and different! Happy Happy Happy Birthday to you! I love you SOOOOO much. I hope your Birthday was wonderful. I'm glad you liked all your house/lawn improvement gifts. :) We love you!

princess jen said...

I'm happy you are liking this new house. It's much more convenient to have you close!! I'm glad you liked your birthday gifts even if you didn't get dirt. I can't wait to see you work your magic on your yard!!

Mythreesons said...

I love all the pictures! You sure move your crap in fast! It's already full of stuff! I'm excited to have you down closer... now hopefully, I'll get to see you more often. Love you Mom!

Super Daysh said...

Happy, happy birthday!! Love you mom! I'm sorry you have to list your house- but it will be fun to have you closer! Yipee! And at least your house is super clean now!! Wohoo!

Thoughtful Runner said...

Congratulations and welcome to Utah County. I know the girls are really excited by the prospect of having you much closer. And as long as the coming winter doesn't look like the last one, you may even get your wish about a winter better than those in Idaho Falls!