Saturday, June 16, 2007

Yellowstone with the topherbugs and other fun stuff

Attempt #2: With Alysia's help...I've actually gotten some pictures on here now and I haven't thrown the computer out of the window yet. Awesome Alysia!

Here is a picture of the beautiful flowers Emily sent me for my Birthday, Thank you again! They are still looking fairly pretty, even a week later.














We had a lovely Birthday party at Alan and Jen's
house. We had an awesome Crepe Buffet. Everybody showered me with gifts. And I now have a bike that I enjoy riding around, with a super comfy seat. (Thanks to Aaron, my brakes are functional too now)



Thank you Alan and Jen!











This is me being stylish and glamorous! Getting lost in all my millions of gifts from my doting husband.










This was a really cute picture of Aaron that Alysia took. From my Birthday party again.

















And here we are with the TopherBugs in Yellowstone. This was the big bus/van that the park rangers used to take tours around the park.


Sam took off Friday, and we met everybody in the Park.






And then we had a serious problem with a body in our trunk!!
She said it looked comfy and just climbed in. Her husband joined her later, but those photos aren't appropriate for public viewing...so we closed the trunk. hehe. But they found the "Open" button on the inside...it glows in the dark! So, luckily, they're still with us.





Here is Old Faithful when it erupted. It wasn't half as impressive as I remember.


And...we could hardly find it!! There weren't any Japanese pointing it out for us!!









Sammy wouldn't listen, and got too close to the Buffalo. Luckily he did not get speared.












No comment. Beautiful....geyser.



























Alysia hi-jacked my camera....and took her own photos of what SHE called "pretty scenery"...personally, I think MY husband's is the prettiest scenery. tee hee hee


Alysia and Topher tried every spot in the park, to see which spot kissed best. Her Andersen in-laws found a new slogan for the two of them..."been there, kissed there". Fits quite perfectly.

This is Jenny Lake. My husband is pretty darn cute. Doesn't he look happy!! Well, ok, so maybe he doesn't look happy. Pictures are deceiving though. He really was happy!!! Promise!! We're still working on the "cheese" part...he doesn't really get that that's when he's supposed to smile...

And this was a parting shot of the Tetons with pretty Spring flowers that were in bloom everywhere.

Alysia was kind enough to type this, because I am way too slow for her. She also pretty much wrote what she wanted on a few occasions, so I don't take responsibility for it. She gets all the credit too.

7 comments:

Mythreesons said...

Yeah Mummy! I loved reading your blog... it was very funny and I loved all the pictures! You look so pretty in your gift bag. And I'm glad you had a fun weekend. I can't wait to call you tomorrow! I love you!

princess jen said...

This looks so fun!! I'm glad that you have one now too. I love the pictures and I'm glad you were able to figure it out (with Bug's help). I wish I could've helped you more over the phone though...

The Andersens said...

Hello mummy!!
I love you lots!

Super Daysh said...

Mami has a blog! Yipee! I'm excited to leave silly comments and read all about your fun life in IF. Miss you! Excited to see you this weekend!

Sara and Company said...

You know...they have a place for people who lock their children in the trunk.......hmmmm! The pictures are darling! I'm going to impose and check your site if you don't mind. Hope you are doing well and it was nice to see you for a brief moment last sunday and church. Take care!

Super Daysh said...

Mami--it's nots hard. You need to update your blog! You have tonz of pics. You just log in. Then click on "new post" then type a bunch of cool stuff. Then click on the little picture icon and find pictures on your computer.....c'mon! You can't play "I don't do computers" forever!

The Andersens said...

ok mummy...its time to update!!! update update update!!!