Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy first of May in Idaho Falls

May 1st in Idaho Falls, they had 6" in Pocatello this morning. I think Spring got cancelled.



Grace's room is almost ready for her, we spent last weekend painting polka dots and sewing curtains and crib stuff. Here are a few cute people holding darling Grace. I got to feed her, then Sam rocked her to sleep. We are quite the team










Marti's Andrew graduated in Mechanical Engeneering from Byu. We came to celebrate with them.






On the way back from Atlanta, we decided on a shortcut.... I-70 all the way to I-15, without the cutoff thru Price... Wow what scenery! I hadn's seen the San Raphael Swell in years. It was like being back in BYU Geology class on a field trip. Amazingly beautiful, even if it took us a whole hour and a half longer, it was well worth the extra time.





Spring in Atlanta, that was in early April, Sam took me to the local Botanical Garden, and we almost melted, that day, it decided to be 90 degrees, and 90% humidity. But the flowers were lovely.








On the way home from Dollywood (in the Great Smokey Mountains) we stopped at the Forbidden Caves and admired the upside down bats. They really looked stuffed to me, but the guide insisted that they were real ones, just sleeping now.







And here is Dollywood. Kim and kids just finished the 2nd or 3rd time on the "Raging- Rapids -get- totally- soaked" ride. Must be fun to go "squoosh, squish", with every step for the rest of the day, they couldn't get enough of it. Sam and I really enjoyed the international Dance Festival. We got to see the Mexicans, the Russians and the Irish.









Here is Baby Grace, fairly new, when I got to hold her for the first time.





So, it looks like I did it again, must be a slow learner. I got all the pictures in the wrong order, newest at the top, oldest at the bottom.
And I thought I was a total genious, after just having slaved over the quarterly Family News Letter, I thought, now wouldn't it be slick, if I just pasted that whole thing into my blog.... it all seemed to work, and then it told me to forget it, it was a bad file or something. So since I didn't feel to write this all again, you just get the abbreviated version, if you want to know more, read the family news letter.
Writing this and looking at all the pictures, I realized that Sam and I really have been on quite a few trips this year already. Blame it on the weather. Blowing snow and temps in the "- "range are just not our favorites. If they don't cancel spring and summer up here, we should stay put for a bit.... little Grace permitting.




6 comments:

princess jen said...

You've been hard at work helping Alysia with the baby's room. It looks terrific!!

Super Daysh said...

I love when you post new blogs! You are the best!! Looks like you guys have way too much fun! I am so glad that you helped Buggy do the polka dots, because I really didn't want to. ;) Love you Mami and am so excited that you are alway around now with baby Grace here. xoxo

The Andersens said...

you are the bestest mommy ever. thank you for helping me so much and just for being here. i love you lots!

M&M factory said...

The nursery looks darling. I am glad that she is doing somewhat better. I guess she is exactly a month older than Maverick. Grace is lucky to have such a good grandma and family.

Sara and Company said...

Fun times! And the room looks fantastic! How nice that you get to come and visit and travel so much.

Mythreesons said...

That room turned out so awesome! I cannot believe you freehanded those circles... I've been promising Jaxon stripes for 6 months now... I think you should show up and do those for us, too. We want some oma time too! yay for all the trips... how about heading down my way now? Can't wait to see you this weekend!