Wednesday, October 3, 2007

september activities

Sam had a birthday and several of our sweet kids came to celebrate with him.

Marti came up to celebrate her birthday with us, and to go to the Idaho State Fair with us. Of course we picked the very hottest day of the year to go again! But it was fun.


Idaho State Fair, how did they get those huge things in here, I wonder.

No, she doesn't look like me in this picture, but, isn't she cute?



Sam and I went to Bozeman Montana for a long weekend and spent one day visiting the Billings, Montana Temple. It is one of the smaller Temples, but one number larger than the smallest ones. It sits kind of out in nowhere, but a very pretty setting with some yellow cliffs in the distance and residential areas all around.










We had some time to see some of the mountains in and around Bozeman. Debbie's parents and a sister live there. We were their guests and they showed us all around. It is a truly beautiful area, only problem is, it is as expensive as Park City and their summers are even shorter than ours.
The following weekend we had a fun dinner with all the kids in Bountiful, since Emily was in town. The babys were so cute, so I handed Alysia the camera to take some pictures. She did a good job, as can be seen in the following pictures. She was totally unauthorized to scroll thru all the pictures on the camera, though.... thats when this one was discovered and quickly passed around to everybody. We had not said a word about Sam's new boy-toy that he had gotten the day before. Yes, he is hugging his new FJ. So far it has only been driven in and out of the garage and frequently visited and drooled over, but it is in an accessible stall, for when the kids come and want to test-ride in it. (sorry, no test-driving for little kids, only for the big kid)






















Baby Caden is getting bigger and cuter by the minute

Emily and Gavin are pretty cute too!

Yes, Anya did enjoy her chocolate pudding
















The next day we visited Marti and Andrew in Provo and took a ride up to the BYU campus to visit the bookstore.




We were very offended that it snowed on us on the way back to Bountiful!
We enjoyed a fun early dinner with the Topherbugs and Topher's parents at our favorite mexican restaurant, and then did a quick stop at Emily and Jared's Clinton house where everybody was busy renovating.























6 comments:

Mythreesons said...

Hip Hip Hooray! A New blog! And how cute are my boys... and me! You make my day when you update, mummy! I"m sorry we didn't get to see you for long, but we'll see you in November and I hope it's not too cold too soon. I love you and thanks again for the goodie bag! That was such a fun surprise and made my night.., I really needed some serving spoons and I love little surprises! Thanks Mummy and I love you lots and lots. And thanks for leaving comments on my blog... they always make me laugh. You are very funny, mummy!

princess jen said...

I'm sorry that you lost your newsletter, but I had lots of fun reading your latest blog entry! I never know just how Anya manages to get so much food all over her face. Oh well. Thank you for the sweet bag of surprises--the jewelry box was especially lovely!

The Andersens said...

yay for the mommy!! i'm so proud!!! new blogs are so fun! especially when they're posted by the mommy!! it was so fun to get to see you last weekend. and its going to be even MORE fun to see you today!! i'm so excited i really think I could pee my pants!!! i love you so so much!

Super Daysh said...

I'm so proud of you! See you are technically capable of doing blogs! Yipeee!!! I love to read about all your stuff and see you cute pictures. Thanks for posting and giving me something to do on those long, boring days at work! Love you!

Super Daysh said...

Cool new background, mami! Love you and miss you more.

Mythreesons said...

Wow! What an awesome new template! Where did you get it and did you do it all by yourself? I'm so impressed! It should definitely motivate you to blog more now, eh?